Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:16:08 -0400
From:
"Stephen E. Bacher" <[log in to unmask]>
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well, we have WHRB and WGBH.  so all is not lost.

I agree - both are superb classical resources.  However, I am becoming
increasingly concerned about WHRB's condition.  Being a college station,
it likely has limited resources, and this has been starting to reflect
itself in the increase in technical problems.  There have been more and
more CD's - or is it the CD playing equipment - that have had playback
problems over the air.  There is one specific recording of Elliott
Carter's Concerto for Orchestra that mistracked numerous times, which
I heard played more than once on the station over the summer.  And I'll
wager that with this particular work, neither the staff nor much of the
audience could tell there was a problem at all, sadly.

 - seb