HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:11:53 +0100
While Braveheart was taken up by legitimate Scottish nationalists its
anglophobia also fuelled racist violence in Scotland-  as much against
Asians as English. The British press was perhaps too self consious to take
up its racist undetones but a discussion group I saw on Irish TV was
unanimous in their critique of it.

paul courtney