HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stacy Kozakavich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:05:01 -0800
Wouldn't the regular fiberglass window screen from a hardware store work
well without the corrosion problem?  Anyway, for drying artifacts my
favorite configuration is to use one of those commercial baking racks on
wheels that holds the full sheet pans, and aluminum sheet pans lined
with paper (from a roll of the kind used on doctors' examining tables).
  The pans are then great for sorting, and having several of them
stacked in the rack at a time can save a lot of horizontal space.  The
equipment can be a little pricey, but there must be discount restaurant
supply places out there.

Stacy Kozakavich
Graduate Student
UC Berkeley