HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:32:27 -0500
You really need to get in touch with Larry Babits at East Carolina
University. Do not have his data with me right now. He has even done things like count
buttons before events and approached his participation in the "Patriot" as
experimental. He also takes students aboard replica sailing ships to learn by
doing and seeing for extended periods.

I do some reenacting and direct an historic site where we use material we
have dug to justify some of what the reenactors use.  Ned Jenkins, aboriginal
ceramic guru, and a member of our staff was instrumental in beginning our group
at Fort Toulouse.

When we have a large school event at the site we have artifact displays and
tell the munchkins to see if they can find the parrallels at the reenactors
places.

Our War of 1812 group use cups that are copies of a cup found in a well at a
contemporary site.

Our work e-address is [log in to unmask]

Jim Parker
Director
Ft Toulouse / Ft Jackson Historic Site