HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:42:33 -0500
Anita and Jack,

After skimming my copy of your paper on Majolica, I want to congratulate you
for what appears to be a fine job of unscrambling all the information that is
out there and bringing complete artwork of the ceramic motifs into a single
document. My only comment at this time is that I feel you really need to include
the Majolica traditions set forth by John Goggin in 1968 and expaneded by my
work in 1972. The traditions are very clearly explained and make sense of the
material. Following this line of thinking, the Aranama Tradition around 1800
to 1820 really requires more thought. None the less, you have done a
commendable job pulling it all together and making sense out of the mindless renaming of
types over the past thirty years.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.