HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:40:51 -0700
From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
In a follwup on Andrew's question about embossed intervals, I checked the
few catalogs I have for drug store bottles and found no bottles of that
type offered by Whitall Tatum in their 1880, 1892, or 1902 catalogs.
However, Graduated Sun Ovals (which fit the description nicely) are
illustrated in the Illinois Glass Co. catalog of 1903.

Anyone else have any later catalogs you can check?  It would be cool to actually
derive an answer for this dating queston.

I think the bottle styles we are looking for are not those referred to by Griffenhagen
and Bogen.  If I understand the description given by Andy, these are the particular
style I still belive to be from about 1900 to about 1920.  If George was correct about
the base embossement being Owens (and I agree it probably is), it would fit the right
time period.

Bill