From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:14:17 -0400
allen dick wrote:

 > Since we are travelling by motorhome, we have no intention of staying
 > on campus, unless they have facilities for motorhomes.

No, they do not. But there are many motor home facilities in the area.

I was therefore
 > very interested in the campus "daily use fee".  Apparently it
 > includes a noon meal of some sort, somewhere, but I cannot visualise
 > how this works.  (The idea seems bizarre to me and I cannot imagine
 > why campus usage is not included in the session fees, since --
 > apparently -- the sessions take place on campus.  Maybe not).

The daily use fee is included in the on-campus lodging but is an add on
for those who attend the conference but do not live on campus. Bowdoin
works it that way and we accommodated them. It includes the use of any
Bowdoin facility including things like the field house and pool. Lunch
is on campus with everyone else. It is a buffet lunch.

   Does this fee include
 > parking?  I have yet to discover how parking works at the campus,
 > which is apparently in the middle of the city, (beyond that two-hour
 > free parking is available) or discover if EAS parking is included, or
 > extra.

Thee is no charge for parking in the area. A "city" in Maine is a
relative term. I live in Bath, a City, and only 2 miles from the center
of the city. I am in the country. Our city population is 10,000. So there
is parking for most vehicles but motor homes will have a problem as they
do in any urban area.

 > No mention is made, that I could discover, on the forms.  No mention
 > of oversize vehicles is apparent either, and beekeepers -- real ones
 > anyhow -- drive trucks, and some of us drive motorhomes.  (As an
 > interesting aside, here that is the major difference I have been able
 > to discover between the AHPA conventions and the ABF meetings.  The
 > AHPA always has lots of free parking for trucks).

You should have little problem parking trucks. It is the Maine State
Vehicle.

I forwarded your questions on the program to Ann Harmon, who is running
the Short Course and to Rick Cooper who is in charge of the conference.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine