HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John R Hyett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:38:05 +1000
Ron
Sorry I misinterpreted your stance. It would appear that we are argueing the
same thing, but from different perspectives. I, as an ex-motor mechanic and
machine operator tend to look for natural reasons in the first instance.
Only after these have been eliminated would i then look at behavoural
patterns. This recalls the cautionary tale they used to tell young mechanics
about about the old lady who used to keep coming in complaining how badly
her car ran. The mechanic checked, tuned and tested her car every time and
found nothing wrong until the day he got her to drive the car. She started
it, pulled out the choke, hung her handbag on it and drove off. The younger
archaeologists reading this and brought up on modern cars with automatic
chokes can do there own research on this.
The cats in the program I saw were not embedded in the plaster but rather
trapped in the wall cavity. Still puzzled how you would embed a live cat in
plaster, you would need an extremely strong pair of leather or chain mail
gauntlets I would think.
You may be interested in the transcript of the program and see what you
think. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/rewind/txt/s1218257.htm