HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Suzanne Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 17:17:57 -0700
There's a neat little instructional book published in 1893:

        Hiles, Theron L.
      The ice crop: how to harvest, store, ship and use ice, a complete
practical treatise for ... all interested in ice houses, cold storage and
the handling or use of ice in any way, including many recipes for iced
dishes and beverages.
      New York: O. Judd Company

      This publisher has a whole series including how to grow hops and
another on cranberries. Neat little illustrations of the tools needed to cut
ice.