HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 09:11:05 +0100
The beer in York is especially good _ Tim Taylor's Landlord is my favourite and I am looking forward to giving my wife the slip and trying the excellent fish and chips (the fish cooked in beef dripping) but that may better left to the natives. The trips should also take you to some fantastic places. Harold- you owe me a pint for that free advert.Unfortunately I suspect both Lyle's and my own drinking ability has gone down since we met digging in Peterborough in the 70s. Dress warmly though as it can be cold In York in January though nothing like as bad as Quebec form which I have never recovered. Looking forward to seeing loads of you in York. This is a long shot given the balance of membership on this list but does anyone know of any published references to the post-medieval excavations on the Spandau Citadel in Berlin (i.e. not the slavic fort and medieval jewish tombstones).

paul courtney
Leicester
UK