HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:53:17 -0500
You might to maybe look at 3D photos of artifacts? This is fairly cheap.
This site has many interesting cameras also.

http://shop.lomography.com/loreo3D/

Comes with viewer also, to create modern steroepairs. Interesting site.
Russian lomography (photography) importers in St. Petersburg. Once I worked
in Three Mile Harbor on Long Island, near the Hamptons, with a 25 year
Russian archaeology in the Crimea veteran, she married an American biologist
in prostate cancer research at Stony Brook University, for a day. She
explained the krotavina to me, which I first heard in Mississippi back in
1979, which in archaeology, is often called 'bioturbation".

An interesting collection of 3D air photos is in the Melvin Village,
Tuftonboro, NH Histoical Museum. An amateur aviator took many local pictures
from his airplane with a 3D camera and with the viewer one can
re-experience, vicariously, the views of the local topogrpahy without the
risk. An interesting addition to an interesting little local museum and
history center on Lake Winnepesauki.

George Myers

providers now.  https://broadband.msn.com