HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 00:04:41 -0500
In field-school, I think what we used to wash up with a bucket from the
nearby Mount Sinai Harbor, NY, salt water and soapy ammonia cleanser that
used to be popular then. It cut some of the oils as the field-school was
excavating in the roots of what had been cleared ivy I imagine along the
Pipe Stave Hollow Road. It seemed to work, except for me which eventually
required cortisone internal meds for my hands, which turned into alligator
looking, fortunately not the large blisters type, which sometimes requires
wearing plastic gloves to prevent infection as a childhood neighbor once
had. Growing up we always washed up with "brown soap" which seemed to do the
trick. I've never tried the homeopathic methods. My father however, seemed
to have some immunity to it.

George Myers