HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"S.P. Austin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S.P. Austin
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 19:26:56 -0500
Don't know directly of sources - but, in my alternative working life, I
worked at some grand old thoroughbred racetracks like Pimlico, Laurel,
Belmont, and Saratoga, that had some barns constructed in the late 1800s.
Simple wood, board and batten, overhanging walkways ("shedrow"), and plain
dirt floors except for those horses that dug - they got wood floors.  Ah -
my youth...

Stephen P. Austin