HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:57:44 -0400
My reference was directly to Ron May's comment that archaeological resources (on military installations) would be safe during the then-coming war (date for the posting I have is 4 February) due to funding cuts for training.  I wanted to point out the irony of the original comment, given the disaster at the museums and libraries in Baghdad and elsewhere in Iraq, caused by the war.  This had nothing to do with Patrice Jeppson's comment in the string posted here.

D. Babson