HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:05:36 -0400
From:
George Miller commented that there is a tea leaf society, but he did not know
where they are located. Following the SHA Conference in St. Louis, a friend
and I drove a rental car around Illinois and Missouri to explore the small
towns. When we got lost somewhere southeast of Nauvoo, we drove to a farm for
directions and found Sullivan's Auctions selling off some rather interesting late
19th and early 20th century artifacts. One item was a tea leaf plate that a
man had purchased. My associate, Dick Gadler, collects tea leaf to rebuild a set
in memory of his late grandparents who owned and used tea leaf on their farm
outside Benton, Illinois. Dick spoke at length to the man who won the tea leaf
plate and he passed information on the tea leaf collector's society in that
area. I will try to locate that information and share it with HISTARCH in the
coming days.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.