HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"American Resources Group, Cally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:36:32 -0500
Hello,
Has anyone done any work on wood-treating plants, which used kerasote to
tread railroad ties, telephone poles, etc? Apparently there were few (less
than 150?) of these plants in the United States. We are conducting archival
research on the former Koppers Plant (Ayer and Lord Tie Co., between 1902
and 1930s) in Carbondale, Illinois, which was the largest railroad-tie
plant in the country for some time. If anyone knows of any relevant
literature on the subject, please let me know. Thanks.

Cally Lence
American Resources Group
Carbondale, Illinois