HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:32:04 -0500
From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
David,

I've seen the green edge on creamware on frontier sites here in Alabama
(mostly "hollow ware" forms like teapots & tea cups, but thought it was
strange to find it pictured in the  Florida system categorized  as
"creamware, hand painted" rather than "creamware, edged." (did you notice
that?)   Does this imply a different technique / process on these earlier
vessels?  Or is the picture just misplaced?

Anyway, its great to have this visual catalogue to stimulate such questions.

Linda Derry
Site Director
Old Cahawba Archaeological Site
719 Tremont Street