HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:40:14 -0500
From:
Allison Bain <[log in to unmask]>
I am putting together a session for the York SHA meetings on the
Environmental Archaeology of Colonies and Plantations.  Colonisation and
knowledge of new environements, biogeograhy and culture contact are among
the many themes that could be treated in this session. Geographic area is
not limited and currently we have papers from both North and South America.
Often «environmental» papers are fitted into larger sessions, so the goal
here is to allow and encourage discussion between environmental
archaeologists working on plantations and colonies.

If interested in participating, please contact me immediately, as we are
beginning to gather abstracts for the 1 June deadline.

Allison Bain

Allison Bain
Professeure adjointe

Département d'histoire