HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:18:22 -0500
From:
Another important lesson from working with historic documents is that even
though other folks have sifted the information, only your eyes and mind can
evaluate it for your own synthesis. All the secondary sources I have read suffer
some sort of bias or disregard things I have found pertinent to what I am
seeking. It is this very difference that causes most of the arguments among
historians, not to mention the academic arenas. Can you imagine the different
perspectives when archaeologists, geographers, and historians look at the same
documents?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.