HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:10:05 -0700
From:
Mitch Allen <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Pam, there is a very active biblical archaeology and ancient Near East chat
list, ANE, run out of the Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago. I
think it's the one you're looking for. Some of the details and joining
information follow...
mitch allen

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

ANE is a mailing list on topics and issues of interest in Ancient
Near Eastern Studies, from the Indus to the Nile, and from the
beginnings of human habitation to the rise of Islam. It is intended
to provide a medium for discussion among scholars and students
actively engaged in research and study of this broad field.
Subscription is open and unmoderated.

CONFIGURATION AND SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION

Traffic on ANE will be delivered in two forms:

1.The ANE list [ANE]. This version of the list is open. Participants
are subject to the foregoing rules and to the adjudication of the
moderator. Send communications intended for distribution on the list
to [log in to unmask]

To subscribe to ANE, or to change your subscription options, use the form at:

2.ANE News and Information [ANENews]. This version of the list is
strictly moderated subset of the ANE lists. Items of news and
information (job announcements, conference announcements, publication
[on-line or print] notices) and other pertinent items which are sent
to the open ANE list will be forwarded to ANENews. Each item posted
to ANENews will also be posted to ANE. There is no need to subscribe
to both lists at the same time.

To subscribe to ANENews, or to change your subscription options, use
the form at:

Subscribers to these lists have a number of delivery options. Please
see the subscription form for further details

Charles E. Jones - Research Archivist, the Oriental Institute

--
Mitch Allen
AltaMira Press