HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"McAlexander, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:04:14 -0500
After spending some of the weekend pestering people at the South Central
Historical Archeology Conference 6, I was copping names and e-addresses
down, when a thought occurred to me.  Why not pester the Histarc list?

I hope to soon contact the landowner(s) to ask for permission to investigate
a WW I air field here in Arkansas.  Before doing so, I would like to know if
anyone has done so previously, or could point me in the direction of someone
who has or is conducting research along those lines.

Before going out, I'd like to have an idea of what possible features could
look like.  I suspect they'd be similar to normal early 20th Cent. military
deposits, but I feel its best to get as thurough a background as possible,
before causing problems.

Simple minded me, I believe that it would be a good idea to have a list of
possible scenarios of what could happen or not to better explain to
landowner(s) what and why I 'd like to go out poking around.

I'd appreciate any help given.  If any do not wish to post to the list, here
is how I can be reached elsewhere.

Thanks,

William McAlexander
Arkansas State Hwy. and Trans. Dept.