ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jennifer Radwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:09:31 -0400

Maybe honey would be a good avenue if you didn't want to use the Crisco,
although birds do metabolize fat differently than us...

However, if you want to make the birds work hard for the seed, I
consulted with one of my colleagues in exhibits/facilities who is also
an avid outdoorsman, and he suggested Liquid Nails since the seeds will
last much longer!  (available at any home improvement store!)

:-)

Jennifer

Phil Edgerton wrote:

>ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
>Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.
>
>I would use real hog lard or suet as mentioned before instead of Crisco. If
>trans fats are bad for us, they are probably bad for birds too.
>
>Phil Edgerton, The Health Adventure, Asheville, NC

___________________________
A Rainforest Adventure: BUGS!
"It will draw you in like a porchlight!"
Now Open in the new and improved Cleveland Clinic Omnimax Theater.
___________________________
Jennifer C. Radwan
Director of Public Programs
Great Lakes Science Center