From:
Mike Leghorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:42:16 -0500
Robert Stumpf replies to me:

>Here's another idear.  Put the symphony (say, 7) and hit the 'Random"
>play button.  If you can find a recording with tracks within the
>movements...;-)

If you want a recording with tracks within the movements, then the
Abbado/CSO (early digital) is the one for you.  I don't have the disk
on hand at the moment, but I think the first movement alone has about
a dozen tracks. It doesn't really effect my listening experience much,
except that it makes it hard to skip to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th
movements.

Mike Leghorn
Evanston, IL.