From:
Laurence Glavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:16:48 -0500
My drive to work this morning (10/07) was relieved from the humdrum by
an excellent interview of conductor Marin Alsop by Susan Stamberg on
NPR's "Morning Edition"..  A casual listener might have been intrigued
by the direction the conversation took, that great music for performers
and listeners can be what used to be called a "head trip'...Ms.  Alsop
compared it to surfing in Hawaii.  The segment ended with about a minute
or so of Mahler's Third Symphony!  What a way to start the day...and the
excitement in Greater Boston right now is the start of the Boston
Philharmonic's Mahler festival.  (Ok, some people's attention has been
diverted by the Botox, er I mean Bosox). Did anyone else out there hear
this interview?  Cherish it; NPR will now "compensate" for this bone to
the illuminati with ten interviews and features in the pop/rock world.

Laurence Glavin