From:
Joe Everett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 02:46:08 -0400
I have seen a new side of Barber's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra
(Op. 14).  The recording that I have is by Hilary Hahn and I am curious
to see which is the best recording available for this piece.  Also, I'm
curious if there are any similarities between this and Rachmaninov's
Concerto No. 2 for Piano and Orchestra.  I listened to these pieces in
succession and I have noticed a similarity, but I just can't put my
finger on it.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Joe Everett