From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:24:58 +0100
Robert Stumpf wrote:

>Two CDs featuring almost all of the recordings Stokowski made with
>the NYPO will be out soon.  They will be available separately and I
>will review them just as soon as they arrive.

Exciting news.  Have there been any reviews of the neww BBC legends CD of
Stokowski conducting Wagner? I understand that it includes the Immolation.
I wonder what the singer is like and whether she is well integrated into
the orchestral sound or over miked (as so many such performances are).

All the best,

David Harbin
Nottingham, UK