From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:35:48 +0000
Two CDs featuring almost all of the recordings Stokowski made with
the NYPO will be out soon.  They will be available separately and I will
review them just as soon as they arrive.  These will be issued on CALA
to whom we owe a deep debt of gratitude.  They contain all but two items
recorded by Stokowski with the NYPO.  Omitted because of space and the
fact that they have already been issued are the Vaughn Williams Symphony
#6 and Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet.  Ed Johnson tells me that they
will probably hit the retail shops around October.  Of course you can
also get them as members of the Stokowski Society.  Check at:

   http://www.stokowskisociety.net/

Vol. 1: Wagner Flying Dutchman Overture / Wotan's Farewell and Magic Fire
Music; Ippolitov-Ivanov In the Village; Messiaen L'Ascension; Griffes White
Peacock; Vaughan Williams Greensleeves; Tchaikovsky Francesca.
Vol 2: Rienzi Overture / Siegfried's Rhine Journey and Funeral Music;
Sibelius Maiden with Roses; Khachaturian Masquerade Suite; Tchaikovsky
Serenade for Strings Waltz; Schoenberg Song of the Wood-Dove; Copland Billy
the Kid Excerpts

Peace from he who is stumpf
aka Sisyphus