From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:44:21 -0500
Dee wrote:
Good your brother is a lawyer, then he would know that if
the honey is bought for zero tolerance and medical usage by
the pharmacies, then they are going to protect it and
sort/seek it out!

I believe all of the list has seen the movie "The Godfather" which is
considered one of the classic movies of all time. In the movie the
underworld uses three levels of people between the godfather and the crime.
When a problem arises the closest person to the crime is sacrificed.

Big business and large corporations (like drug companies) operate the same
way my brother says (corporate lawyer) . If a problem happens and the source
of the contamination can be traced back to your honey then you will be
sacrificed. The company will distance itself from you and place all blame on
you.

In my opinion if you only carry the product liability I do (one million
dollars) you might consider a higher amount.

A Missouri court awarded 7.1 million this week against a small transport
company over a death resulting from a traffic accident on one of the most
dangerous curves in K.C.

 Thousands of accidents have happened on the curve over the years but the
state declines to fix the "Benton curve" problem. As a retired professional
driver I have had a few close calls on the curve myself.

The only thing going against the driver in court  was the fact he had had
numerous speeding tickets over the last two years but he still had a valid
drivers license. I believe his load shifted.

People are sue happy and juries tend to give awards of huge sums of money.

Possibly you could get a lawyer to draw up a contract the drug company would
sign saying they would provide free legal service if a problem arises. Then
they would have a vested interest in protecting you !

Bob

Bob always the optimist!