From:
Hector Aguilar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 09:11:35 -0700
Sandra Beane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On another note, when my place got broken into awhile back, they didn't
>take my cello.  The burglers more than likely didn't know what it was
>nor what it was worth.

Reminds me of a time at a used-CD store up North where, after telling
me where the classical CDs were, the owner let me keep my backpack with
me, saying, "I've never had to worry about classical music customers
stealing my CDs!" But anyway, here in Houston I did hear that one of the
HSO cellists actually has a gun safe bolted to the floor of his home,
and that he keeps his cello inside.  Here's a thought- perhaps he takes
out the gun when he puts the cello inside!:-)

hector aguilar