From:
Laurence Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:06:40 -0400
I had a wonderful experience with Columbia House.  Over a period
of perhaps a year or two, I purchased several classical CDs from them.
Then, without so much as by your leave, they switched my membership over
to Rap Music.  A single note to them received no response.  Since I'd
never signed up for that service, I threw the CDs into the trash, where
I believed they belonged.  Over the next few months, I accumulated a few
CDs, until they got tired of not getting paid.  For years, I received
threatening letters bloviating about what they would do to me.

Needless to say, I've not been a fan of Columbia House since those days
of yore.

Larry