From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:18:36 -0500
Dave Harman asks:

>Anyone know if Cantate de Noel was EVER released on CD?

Yes.  Supraphon 33CO-1090, coupled with Poulenc's Stabat mater.
Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and Orchestra under Libor Pesek.  I think
it's no longer available, but the same recording has been repackaged as
Supraphon 3122, adding the Britten Ceremony of Carols to the other two,
so a better deal.

Also, Baudo, also with the Czechs, released a performance on Supraphon
110557, coupled with the Honegger (one n, 2 g's)masterpiece Jeanne d'Arc
au Bucher.

Finally, EMI has Martinon and the ORTF in an all-Honegger program (Pacific
231, Rugby, Pastorale d' Ete, Une Cantate de Noel) on 63944.

I've not heard the EMI.  Of what I've heard, I prefer the Baudo.

Steve Schwartz