From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:03:04 +0000
Mitch Friedfeld writes:

>Yes, I know we have the Internet -- and I use it for Classical purchases
>-- but sometimes you just have to handle the merchandise while making
>important decisions.

So right.  It's hard to feel good about an acquisition if I don't have
my hands on it.  I do consider myself fortunate that one of the local
Borders has a very good selection.  This Borders has had all the Dutton
British Chamber music discs, the Huber Symhonies on Sterling, all the
Hyperion/Chandos/Harmonia Mundi releases, a separate area for budget
discs including a large stock of Naxos cds.  I just wish the store had
a new release section so that I wouldn't have to go fish through all the
stock.

Don Satz