From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:28:17 -0400
Jeff Dunn asks:

>what is YOUR nominee for the most perfect VW?

The piano concerto.  My first exposure to it was the Vronsky and Babin
performance of the two piano version on an Angel LP.  Since then there
have been several CD releases of the original ("unplayable") single piano
version.  From the raucous 7/4 opening to the sublime coda, there isn't
anything about it that doesn't fit, doesn't work, doesn't belong.  I
confess to being a devotee of the piano concerto form, but the VW concerto
is up there as one of the greats in my opinion, an opinion I have held
for some thirty five years now.

len.