HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Thad Van Bueren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:27:21 +0000
Folks:
I just wanted to share info on a web site created for an archaeological
data recovery project in the city of San Francisco. The work was performed
by Sonoma State Univeristy for the California Department of Transportation.
This is Caltrans' first large scale web site for a historical archaeology
mitigation project. We would appreciate your feedback on this mode of
disseminating information to the public. The web site can be viewed at:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/archaeology/default.shtml

An announcement of the SF-80 Bayshore mitigation project will come out in the
next issue of the SHA Newsletter. For copies of the final report, please
 follow links on the web site or contact the California Department of
Transportation, Publication Distribution Unit, 1900 Royal Oaks Drive,
Sacramento, CA 95815-3800, phone (916) 323-5606 or 445-3520. The web site for
the publications unit is: http://caltrans-opac.ca.gov/publicat.htm, with the
report listed in the index under SF-80.

Thad M. Van Bueren
California Dept. of Transportation
District 4--Cultural Resource Studies Office
P.O. Box  23660
Oakland, CA 94623-0660
(510) 286-6230