HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:24:10 +1100
I am doing a study of a brick, tile and refractory manufacturer at Bulli. There are several brick presses on the site including two each made by

Crossley Machine Co, Trenton NJ

and

John Mitchell and Sons
Cumuslang

As these are likely to have been made during the 1970's, and my reference material is good for the preceding century, I was wondering on the off chance, if anyone knows anything about these companies or their brick presses (they may still be in existence).

yours

Iain Stuart