HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Chidester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:25:15 -0400
A couple of years ago a cadaver dog based in southeastern Michigan was
used regularly to locate sites at both cemeteries and battlefields.  I
don't remember the dog's name, but there was an article in Archaeology
Magazine about her work at a site in Monroe, Michigan (I think it was a
her). I don't know if anything more academic has been written about that
kind of thing.  I also knew a guy from Ohio around the same time who was
trying to train a dog to do it as well.  If you want to contact me off
list, I can probably find his contact information.

Bob

Robert C. Chidester
Master's of Applied Anthropology Program
1101 Woods Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
(410) 646-5229