HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mitch Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:51:26 -0800
Some resources on writing for archaeologists:  look at the book Public
Benefits of Archaeology, edited by Barbara Little and published by U
Florida Press (see, I don't  promote only AltaMira books :-)) there are
articles by Peter Young of Archaeology Magazine and by myself about
writing. Also look at our book Presenting the Past, by Larry Zimmerman,
part of the Archaeologist's Toolkit. The SAA Bulletin had an issue on
writing and publishing at the beginning of this year. Historical
Archaeology did an issue on storytelling a couple of years back. And U
Chicago Press has a whole series of books for academics on writing
(though not specifically for archaeologists), by Howard Becker, John Van
Maanen, and others. So there's guidance out there if anyone is
interested.

Mitch Allen
AltaMira Press