HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nick Honerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:43:27 -0500
Let me add to Bob Hoover's suggestions my own personal savior, "TecNu
Oak-N-Ivy Outdoor Skin Cleanser." As someone who is instantly covered in
blisters if I so much as glance at poison ivy, I've never found anything
that works except this product. If you apply it within a few hours of
exposure, it absolutely does what it claims, which is remove the evil PI/PO
oil. Even after the rash has already appeared, it will reduce the symptoms,
though not as much as cortisone shots.

Needless to say, TecNu changed my life. Or rather, my so-called life.

It used to be available only from Forestry Suppliers, but now it's in most
drug stores. It's a little pricey for a 4 ounce bottle, but well worth it
in my opinion. Of course, it's now often bundled with a worthless bottle of
salve for the rash that doubles the price and doesn't have any discernable
effect. Forget that, just buy the skin cleanser.

Nick Honerkamp