HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:24:15 -0700
Allen's posting is pretty much on the mark  --blob-top soda or beer bottle.  The time
period is a little late, but the bottle may have been curated or reused for a while
before deposition.

Thomson and Renger in the plate mold moght well be a local bottler, and the library
may help.  Another good outlet for information may be the National Bottle Museum at
Ballston Spa, New York.  I wrote them once about an elusive bottle from Albany,
New York (that we found in El Paso, Texas), and they were able to pinpoint the exact
bottle in a book written by a local collector.

Their web address is:

http://www.crisny.org/not-for-profit/nbm/

Good luck,

Bill