HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:18:54 -0500
While in the employ of the Denver Service Center at the Hopewell Village
Foundry, we stayed at a Youth Hostel in Geigertown, Pennsylvania, not far
from the Lincoln Highway and the Daniel Boone Homestead, an interpretative
site. On the Boone grounds was a dead small owl but not as small as the tiny
sawhet owl which I recently saw up close in Holderness, NH at the Science
Center of New Hampshire. To get back to Geigertown, the people there also
were selling sheepskins and at night, even during a severe summer storm, the
owls would come out of the barn and hunt. So I think, as observed, they
might be among people alot, at least so it seems and it might be difficult
to argue barn abandonment?

I remember some very intersting research done with owl scat to trace the
history of a Pacific Island, was it Easter Island? Very interesting.

George Myers

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com