HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:55:24 -0500
This was posted on H-Urban

John

EDITED VOLUME ON SLAVERY: CALL FOR PAPERS

Note: We are especially interested in submissions that address urban
slavery, whether in northern or southern states.

The editors seek papers for inclusion in book of essays titled Slave
Space: Physical Environments of North American Slavery. Studies of
architectural
history, archaeology, material culture, human geography, cultural
landscapes, and related fields are welcome. We are particularly
interested in submissions that address urban slavery, resistance to
slavery, and current issues related to sites of memory and
commemoration. However, papers on all relevant topics are welcome.
Please send abstracts by November 1, 2003 to: Clifton Ellis, Assistant
Professor, College of Architecture, Texas Tech University, Box
42091, Lubbock, Texas 79409-2091, clifton.ellis@t...; and Rebecca
Ginsburg,
Postdoctoral Fellow, African and Afro-American Studies, Washington
University in St. Louis, Campus Box 1109, St. Louis, MO 63130,
rginsbu@a... Electronic submissions are encouraged.

Rebecca Ginsburg
Post-Doctoral Fellow
African and Afro-American Studies, Architecture, and History
Washington University

--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers