HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"McAlexander, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:21:59 -0500
Carl,

Eberts field was located at Lonoke, Arkansas.  It was designed as a primary
flying school for up to 300 pilots.  It's primary function was to train for
areal reconnaissance.  The site was investigated for use in 1917,
construction started in 1918, and the site was dismantled in 1919.  Short
lived, but areal photos show it as a major development on the landscape.

Recent development in the area include a golf course and housing, so I
figured I should start investigating while some of the unaltered landscape
exists.

William