HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:43:10 +0100
As an inveterate traveller I find Bill Bryson a wry observer of reality.
Perhaps he has become too British and discovered irony. His deconstruction
of British landladies in the 1970s was superb and true and his barbed wit is
mixed with affection for many of the places he has visited.

paul courtney
leicester
UK