HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:47:12 -0500
That is a great book (I think).  I only had my copy for a couple of weeks
when it was borrowed and "lost" in someone's move.  Only had a chance to
peruse it but the parts I read on the history of meansurements was great.
I was particularly POed since Les said he would autograph it for me.  When
I tried to order another one, Parks Canada said it was out of print and
there were no plans to have it reprinted.  It is probably the best single
book for the Historical archaeologist and I sure hope someone with some
pull could sweet talk the folks there to reprint it!

Smoke.

Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests
605 West Main Street
Russellville, Arkansas 72801
(479) 968-2354  Ext. 233
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

                      Kate Dinnel and
                      Silas Hurry              To:      [log in to unmask]
                      <katesilas@CHESA         cc:
                      PEAKE.NET>               Subject: Re: Measurements
                      Sent by:
                      HISTORICAL
                      ARCHAEOLOGY
                      u>

                      09/09/2003 10:11
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to HISTORICAL
                      ARCHAEOLOGY

For culturally appropriate measurements may I recomend the following from
Parks
Canada:

Lester Ross: Archaeological Metrology: English, French, American and
Canadian
Systems of Weights and Measures for North American Historical Archaeology.
1983

Silas Hurry
Historic St. Mary's
City

This email message was sent using web-based email services provided by
Chesapeake.Net
Internet Services.
http://www.chesapeake.net/