HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:19:03 -0500
From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
I have, over the years, heard a rumor about two archaeological
technicians performing a Phase I survey on National Forest or BLM land,
somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, who were murdered when they
discovered a marijuana farm way out in the boondocks.  One version has
both of them being shot by the mountain-man proprietor; the other has
one of them falling into a Vietnam-style tiger trap, and his coworker
getting shot when he came to the first one's rescue.  This story is
usually presented as an antidote to the enthusiasm some new techs may
express for finding "free pot" out in the woods.  I don't know if
there's any truth to the rumor, or if it's our own non-urban legend.

D. Babson