HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 06:28:26 -0600
From:
Danny Walker <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Trish, these sound very similar to powder magazines I recorded here in
Wyoming associated with CCC/WPA activities during the 1930's, although
without the metal linings. There was lots of rock work done by these
crews in this area, including picnic shelter, museum building and road
construction. Some of these are in what appear to be out of the way
places, but always close to where some type of rock activity was done.

Danny Walker
Wyoming Assistant State Archaeologist