HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kate and Silas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 12:24:24 -0400
In a word - yes- a late 17th c. date is appropriate and there are
variations in the marks both on the bowls and the stems.  The Evans'' pipes
(out of Bristol) are well documented in:
Walker, I C 1977 Clay Tobacco Pipes with Particular Reference to the
Bristol Industry. 4 vols, National Historic Parks and Sites, Canada

Silas Hurry