From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:27:04 -0600
> Given offers to answer "any questions", but no reply to the offers,
> let alone specific questions, wasn't it a certainty that no answers
> would result?

I wasn't expecting personal attention from EAS, I was just asking my
BEE-L friends for some hints.  A deadline was looming within hours and I
was lacking the info to make a decision. Once the deadline has passed
and I decided not to pre-register, I cared a whole lot less.

As for asking the EAS people specific questions, the moment had passed,
and the subject was not sufficiently important to bother them if they
did not see fit to post more info for all -- and, besides one of the
oficers who wrote after reading my BEE-L post, said, in his email, that
he did not have the information that is most obviously lacking and most
important to me -- a detailed program for the Short Course.

> Are you saying that there is no similar type of guidebook for RVs in
North America?  If not, let's publish one!

Of course there is, and that, or something similar, is what my truck
driving friend consulted.  What I was pointing out was that he could see
one of my problems and helped how he could, with real info.  FWIW,
real RVers don't stay in campgrounds very often.  The truckers guide
is more helpful to many of us, as is finding the nearest Wal-Mart -- or
a marina.

> jim (Who notes that a Google search for "schedule change"
> yields 3,610,000 hits, while "schedule unchanged" only yields
> 276,000 hits, and infers that any one schedule has a 90%
> chance of being changed.)

That is flawed logic presented as proof.  Let's just give it a
quick test: Which of the following would you be more desperate (and
hence more likely) to announce on the net, and which would pass without
notice to all?

1.) That the schedule was toast, and/or the keynote speaker died, fell
ill, was disredited and defrocked, went on a bender, or was offered a
larger fee elsewhere, etc.?
2.) That the schedule was not changed and would go on pretty much as
expected with minor, if any, changes?

How huge a change would it take to qualify to have the words
"schedule change" in a program?  Not very, I'd wager.

Back to EAS: As I said previously, I don't expect miracles, but I was
expecting a reasonably detailed and useful schedule.

But please understand.  I am not unhappy.  I had unrealistically high
expectations of EAS, and now that I have come to my senses and accept
EAS for what it is, I am again in tune with the universe.

I may, or may not, attend.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/
Now up to 71 hives again, and growing fast!