From:
David Harbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:18:04 +0100
Cheers Ramon.  For me Blomstead fell off the horse almost at the start with
his change in pulse between the first and second subjects.  The Eschenbach
has excerable sound and willful pulling about of tempos.  As Tintner proved,
there is no need to 'fix' anything - just stick to a basic pulse most of the
time.

I think Tintner's NZSO second movement is sublimely beautiful and the finest
I have heard of this movement.  Perhaps one of the finest recordings of a
Bruckner movement I have ever heard.  Shame about the bloopers on the rest
of the recording.

I'd love to hear the Dohnanyi and Kubelik one day.

Kind regards,

David Harbin