Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:41:56 +0000
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Kim Patrick Clow writes:

>And we wonder why sales are down so much.  I STILL think a lot of it
>has to do with ill mannered clerks.

Here in Albuquerque, the clerks are very friendly.  Actually, most of
the time I wish they would leave me alone.  "Can I help you today" is
a common question, and I sometimes get irked because I know much better
than they do what is in the store and I'm there at least three times
a week.  One time, a clerk who knows me advised that I should consider
a Naxos "Best-Of" set.  I told her that such a set would be best for
novices.  The 'novice' word was one she didn't recognize, and I haven't
heard from her since.

To me, the problem isn't ill manners, but lack of knowledge of where
to stock the classical discs.  Some Naxos get put in the budget section,
some don't.  The fact is that the Border clerks are ignorant of the
classical repertoire in each and every way.  All I ask is that the
inventory be readily available to me in the prescribed manner.  But the
management evidently doesn't require any particular process.  If anyone
goes into that store and really needs some classical music know-how,
they won't be getting it.

Don Satz